I remember while reading The Hunger Games, there was a part in the book where Cinna was giving Katniss a makeover before before she went into the arena, and she was wearing that black flame dress that that looked like she was on fire when she twirled around. They called her the girl on fire. I'm pretty sure there was a part in there where they mentioned doing her nails, and even when she was in the arena she brought up that her nail art was chipping away. I don't have my book with me right now so I can't look it up to make sure, but it's possible that it was all in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about how they did her nails!
|Girl On Fire in the shade|
|In the sun|
Black: China Glaze Smoke & Ashes
Orange: China Glaze Riveting
Glitter: China Glaze Electrify
This is definitely how I pictured it in my head! Not to mention, it was also extremely easy.
- Apply a basecoat to protect your natural nails.
- Paint all the nails black (China Glaze Smoke & Ashes).
- Using a piece of a makeup sponge and using tweezers to hold it, dip it into orange nail polish (China Glaze Riveting), and create a glitter gradient that look like flames...use your own judgement and have fun with it!
- Using another piece of makeup sponge, dip that into your fiery glitter of choice (China Glaze Electrify) and sponge it on, concentrating most of it on the tips.
- Finish it off by applying a topcoat to add shine and protect the design.
I thought it was so fitting that all the colors I used came from the China Glaze Hunger Games collection. This shows that they were made for each other! I liked having the blue shimmer from Smoke & Ashes there because it looked less harsh than just a plan black background and kind of gave a greenish appearance when used with Riveting.
So I know I've been posting like a mad person but I wanted to get all these out of the way because I have a St. Patty's Day nail design that I wanted to post also! I also wanted to bring up that I'm worried that once I start my new job, I won't have time to do my nails as much...and that makes me really sad. I am still excited for the job though! I don't know when I'll be starting, because they are running a background check on me and they said it takes up to 7-10 business days...they sent me a letter saying that I may be starting on the 19th, but I have yet to hear anything else about that. So I need to follow up on that. Let's hope that I will still have time to update this! If anything, I will at least take pictures!
Back to the design, if anyone decides to try this out, please show me! I would love to see how it turned out. This design would be great for those who are going to the midnight viewing of The Hunger Games. Toodles!